1. Hello Guest,

you've probably seen my tweets & decided to sus-out our site. I generally don't read twitter... I just say my piece, so don't expect me to respond to negative or positive feedback on that platform. 

I guess I should be upfront & confess I'm still toying with HMAD whilst I am working on more advanced and successful online projects.

In the future, I might develop this website & idea. Perhaps to become more of a "political" site instead of a parenting one? We'll see... 

We've disabled registering for now, but if you still want to join use our contact form and send me a message.

If you're thinking of buying HMAD feel free to contact me also but no promises I'll sell!

Thanks for popping by :)  

Dismiss Notice

Things that annoy the crap out of me about parenting

Discussion in 'General Parenting Discussions' started by Dadmin, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Dadmin

Dadmin Founder Staff Member

Ratings Received:
    +17
    This thread is a general gripe area where parents can relieve their frustrations about anything remotely related to parenting.

Remove Adverts
    (like this)
    by registering!
    Register Now!

Please feel free to express yourself openly and frankly (because I certainly will) but stay within our forum terms and rules.

2. Dadmin

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Parents who get pissed up at kids sporting events really peeves me off.

Unfortunately, I see this behavior all the time at my children's sporting facilities but apart from rolling my eyes and internally screaming "shut the hell up you drunken bum," I just quietly try to ignore these morons.

Atm I'm watching my kids playing indoor cricket and naturally the center is licenced and although there's a distinct bar room parents are drinking alcohol out in the viewing area.

One mother who is on the bundy cans is constantly yelling out and at times swearing using the F word in front of families and children as young as 6.

I could anonymously complain and I still may but WHY doesn't the staff control situations like this? After all, its only 4:30 pm in the afternoon at a after school children's sporting activity so what is the need for alcohol at all?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  3. Dadmin

Ratings Received:
    +17
    People who don't wear shoes in the supermarket!

What is it with people going barefoot when they do their shopping?

I don't want to be doing my food shopping only to be grossed out by the bare feet slapper family. Maybe if the shopping centre was right next to the beach... maybe, but not inner city or even country town. Sorry, but it really puts me off when I see some fat guy's stinky cracked flat skanky feet when I'm considering buying my organic yoghurt in the dairy section.

If you can afford your smokes then you can at least afford thongs to wear as you waddle down the shopping mall :mad:

Incidentally, don't they realise there are several viruses including warts that can be acquired by going barefoot in public places? Shopping centres should BAN people without shoes for health and safety reasons.

Put some shoes on ya bogans!

4. Dadmin

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Homework for Primary School

This peeves me off so much that I'm going to write a full article about this in our article section but let me just say this: What is WRONG with our teachers these days! My son is in grade 4 and he gets a full A4 page of mental maths plus a mini english assignment every night!!!!!

I wouldn't mind so much if the homework wasn't targeted at the parents but we even have to sign workbooks nightly to ensure the work is done (I often miss doing it). I don't know who these teachers think they are by deliberately setting tasks they know full well adults/parents have to do to help their child complete their homework correctly. I believe teachers (for whatever reason/s) are running out of maths & english teaching time during school hours so they are relying on parents to DO THEIR JOB.

Personally, homework for primary school children should be very limited and probably only necessary for grades 6 upwards just to give them a taste before high school. My mother just laughs and shakes her head at the amount of homework her grandchildren get - she can't believe it and says it was never this bad when we went to school and the truth is our education was better than what our kids are getting these days.

5. Dadmin

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Piss weak mothers who let their young children run around unsupervised in public places then wonder why the kid gets hurt and it all ends in tears :rolleyes:

6. Dadmin

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Parents who don't give their kids deodorant or teach them personal hygiene.

There's nothing more repulsive then the sweet stinking non deodorant wearing aroma of someone else's pre-teen girl or boy. It's like having a dogs backside strapped to your face.

7. Dadmin

Ratings Received:
    +17
    Men who ride scateboards around... nuff said :)